Tuesday, November 21, 2017

My Hiatus 9/17/16

     Forgive me for the momentary hiatus!
     This year has flown by. It hasn’t been easy and it seems like it has been continuously tough. Let’s recap, shall we?
     In January, my ex-boyfriend and biological father of my daughter passed away in a tragic automobile accident. Processing through that was difficult. I had not anticipated feeling the way I did and am grateful my husband was there to help me through it.
     The rest of spring was a blur. I remember working, homeschooling, and being busy volunteering with Reboot Combat Recovery, church, and our homeschool co-op.
     This summer, on the other hand, was extremely challenging. I started a new job, Michael started working on filing for disability and preparing to get out of the Army, and life smacked us upside our heads. Without going into detail, Satan really tried his hardest to seek, kill, and destroy us. I will save the details of that fiasco for another couple blog posts. Thankfully, we both have matured in our faith and have really pulled through the crap… Barely, but we still made it.
     As of today, Michael has 10 days left until his terminal leave begins and is officially out of the Army on November 20th. Currently, identity has been an issue for him. We are working through it together but it has been a process in itself. Right now, we are focusing on finding him employment to transition into. We have some options right now and are waiting to see what else comes our way. Being the “planner” that I am, I’ve developed a few plans for the last minute moments. I’m still praying for the best possible outcome but can be prepared and ready for whatever comes our way.
     On  Veterans Day, Michael and I will be participating in the March for 22, a 22 mile ruck march with 22 lbs of gear on our backs to help raise awareness for veteran suicide. We will be training for that. I participated in the march on Memorial Day and completed 8 of 22 miles with no training. I’m optimistic for this upcoming march because the weather will be tolerable and I will be better prepared.
     Please keep our family in your prayers. Pray for peace, answers, strength, and stability. My prayer is that you, my readers, are all well!
     Stay tuned! I have so much more to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment