Tuesday, November 21, 2017

There's an explanation for that!

My last post was from January of this year and it is now November... Oops! 2017 has been one heck of a year for our family. Between moving, career changes, and a long awaited pregnancy, we have been swamped.

I decided to leave the healthcare field and go into spa and beauty. I completed training to become a licensed nail technician but have yet to test for my licensure. My husband was laid off in March and has become a full time college student. He is actually in the process of possibly getting accepted into an IT support certification program at one of the local universities so we will see what happens with that. I am unsure as to whether or not I would like to continue my education with esthetics, cosmetology, or massage therapy but I've got plenty of time to consider my options.

I am currently almost 28 weeks pregnant! We had prayed for years to have a child together and it is finally happening! No fertility drugs or special procedures. All natural! I am having a high risk pregnancy due to my pregnancy history and preexisting conditions so I have been swamped with appointments. Michael has had quite a bit of appointments and ER visits himself. I've also been slowly working on his VA disability and am immensely grateful for the benefits he does receive. It's all a huge process!

In April, we moved out of Kentucky and into Tennessee. Since he was no longer in the army, there was no point in being so close to post anymore. In regards to what we were looking for, Tennessee had more to offer. Our move was one of the best decisions we have made. The kids are happier, we are happier, and we love our location.

Now that I am pretty much confined to my bed (unofficially, but my doctor said it's in my best interest to keep away from rigorous activity and high stress environments), I hope to write more. I intend on staying home with our new son for awhile after he is born so I'm gonna try to get in some posts in between naps and feedings! Stay tuned, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment